It’s impossible to pick just 10 highlights of 2012 but ECS Founder and Executive Director Alison Suffet Diaz is known for not recognizing the word “impossible”.
1. $3/4 of a Million raised for ECS programs and facilities
2. ECHS is named one of the First-Ever Green Ribbon Award-Winning Schools in the nation
3. ECMS and EmpowHER’s girl-focused event is highlighted in the LA Times
4a. ECS approved to open a 3rd school
4b. Construction begins for a new LEED Certified campus – ECMS-G
5. Launch of our new website
6. Prop 30 passed – phew!
7. ECHS Baseball team made it to the playoffs – Go Tigers!
8. Upgrades and beautification to the ECHS Campus including new paint and a new solar greenhouse (video)
9. Clear Choice Prep helps ECHS juniors raise their SAT scores by an average of 300-400 points
10. ECHS Pacific Crest Trail field trips – students report “We loved going out in nature, witnessing it first hand, and conservation lessons. We grew as Green Ambassadors!”
It will be hard to top the year we just had at ECS, but you can count on us to give it a college try! We hope your new year has already begun to outshine your last.