This innovative teacher residency program combines immersive hands-on practice in the classroom with educational theory and research in both in-person seminars and online courses. It takes place in partnership with K–12 schools in historically underserved communities, and 97% of Alder graduates obtain full-time teaching positions after completing the program.
In this residency year you will:
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in one year.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in an Environmental Charter SchoolsSchool
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
*Once Alder GSE has been granted both Initial Institutional Approval and Initial Program Approval by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Environmental Charter Schools & Alder Cohort Program Details:
For the 2020-2021 Residency Cohort, Environmental Charter SchoolsSchools is looking for qualified applicants in the following areas:
- Single Subject Math
- Single Subject Foreign Language (Spanish)
- Special Education
- Tuition: $18,500 (estimated out-of-pocket cost net of Alder Teacher Grant, will be finalized in December of 2019)
- Books, tests, etc: Approximately $2,000
- Medical: For the class of 2020-21, Alder is working to ensure residents have a way to access health care coverage, whether provided by Alder or the state of CA.
- Environmental Charter Schools Provided Living stipend: $15,000
- Federal financial aid (loans for tuition and living expenses): Up to $44,000
- Support for transportation, room, and board to in-person sessions: Approximately $1,500
- Test registration fee support: $200
- Credential test preparation support: $250 on average
- Excellent preparation and priority consideration for a paid, full-time teaching position: PRICELESS!
- Early September 2019
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE
- October 14th
- Week of October 21st (tentative)
INTERVIEW DAY WINDOW
- November 1st – 9th (tentative)
- November 24th (tentative)
Link to apply to complete the initial online application: www.aldergse.org/apply/
Recruitment and More Info
For more information please reach out to the Director of the Alder WIDE cohort, Scott Weatherford at email@example.com, or Alder Los Angeles Recruitment and Admissions Specialist Martin Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org